To Return Again...

It's week 9, we made it. Over the respite week I enjoyed the break for social media work, I feel slowly back into my lurking nature, and haphazardly worked on my Learning a performance Voice Thread. The week away was, honestly, nice. I'm finding the constant effort in working on social media tedious. It's difficult to keep focus. But I am to finish strong, and find a renewed vigor for the course. 

It's interesting to me, observing my own behavior. I'm a native lurker, I've been trying really hard to be an active member in this course, but it's exhausting. Much like having a birthday party, it was fun, it was nice talking and seeing everyone, but now it's late, the music is loud, the words are mumbled. I long for the serenity in the quiet, the blanket of the darkness, the gentle scratch of my dog's claws on the wood floors, the heavy clunk as he plops to the floor. There is a weight that is lifted in that moment, and pressure that releases. One can finally turn off, tune out.

I've found this course to be fun, exciting, but that excitement wains, and I long to drift away into the deep neither regions of a lurker, quietly scrolling, reading, pondering, then turning it off. Walking from the cool darkness that blankets the inside of my home, into the fervent rays of the sun's bounty. 

To return again is a sequel with little luster, no excitement to be had. No one ever asked for this feature, but we are getting it anyways. 

Comments

  1. This resonates with me so much! Both staying focused and actively engaging in the different social media platforms has certainly been a task. However, we're nearing the end of the semester! I do appreciate this class and have enjoyed different aspects of it, but I am ready to return to a level of social media engagement that primarily involves lurking.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts