Into the great wide open...

 One of our readings this week focused on Open Educational Resources and how they lead to more flexible, affordable means for enabling learners. I think in getting this degree, outside of the cost of tuition, my expenses as far as materials has been relatively low. I've read far more articles curated by professor than textbooks that cost $100. My undergrad degree cost me so much more at the beginning of the semester. It's been fun to see technology make thing more affordable. I've never been the biggest Office user, because it cost so much, but now days one has flexible payment options, because let's face it, the world loves Office. But more so you have Google, back as a undergrad I used a service called Zoho Writer. In this course we've used tons of free social media site to share information, to have casual discussion about influences and experiences. The more access the masses have to such tools the more creatively we can learn to use them, and take advantage of their utility. While it could be argued that there are still expenses, such as infrastructure, and support, the fact it it has become more accessible. If harnessed this accessibly to help bridge gaps in areas that are so often overlooked.

Comments

Popular Posts