Diigo'n Too Deep?

 I've had many instances of collaborative learning, and I read through Dr. Dennen and Dr. Im's research I felt it reflected on my experiences. Getting started is often the most difficult hurdle we face in any project. When that project is conceived and nurtured by a collaborative effort it's gonna take time.The more inputs, the longer it may take. Take a system of government for example, when running through the whole bureaucracy good/bad/right/wrong, it takes a lot of time. So, everyone has to find their roles and places in a collaborative society. Where are we most productive, where do we have the biggest impact? We may start somewhere, and end up doing something else entirely. 


I just accepted my first Instructional Design position, when I graduate at the end of this semester, I'll be shifting into a new role in life. In just the way,I am making shifts and changes and collaborative groups must move to find it's rhythm, where production, discussion, and exploration are at their apex. Which time and practice the collaborative effort could become as mechanical as a machine. Could this go to far? Could there be a point where the collaborative effort of a group becomes too synchronous, too thoughtless that it impedes what it initially sought to nurture?

Comments

Popular Posts