Web 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, BLAST OFF!!!!!

 I will be honest, at first when I entered this course, or signed up for it, I thought to myself Web 2.0, as a bit behind the times. And I agree with Dr. Dennen's statement, they get a bit subjective and creative, as they live fluidly within each other. I guess it's more the components you are using a any given time. So, maybe we should view Web 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, or whatever more or less as levels/components of a functional system of communication. Taking from the readings, if you are playing with ChatGPT, or even using Bing's AI search system, you'd be operating in Web 4.0, but then in you could post something from there on you Blog in Web 2.0. 

"Web 2.0 refers to a second phase in the evolution of the World Wide Web, characterized by the shift from static, one-way communication to dynamic, interactive online experiences. Emerging in the early 2000s, Web 2.0 brought about significant changes in the way people engaged with the internet. It introduced user-generated content, social media platforms, and collaborative web applications that empowered individuals to actively participate, create, and share information. Web 2.0 fostered a sense of online community and facilitated seamless communication, enabling users to connect, collaborate, and exchange ideas on a global scale. This transformative era revolutionized the internet and laid the foundation for the interconnected and participatory online landscape we experience today." - ChatGPT

So, Subjectivity makes sense. Its not like had to inter a different browser, just another tab. It's visually exciting to imagine use flying to various levels of the atmosphere on a plane, or jet, seeking new perspectives and sensations. But we do it without thought in Chrome, or Mozilla.



Comments

  1. I'd change the course title, actually, if it were easy to do. And if I knew what to change it to. I don't like the dated aspect of the title, although it still holds for what we cover. And I'm not sure I want to swap 2.0 for social media in the title. Participatory culture or participatory learning doesn't capture it either. This turns into an annual debate for me, and then I get lazy and do nothing. Inertia is a powerful force. (But I'm open to suggestions! )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts